The Mamont Foundation was established in 2007 to fund the exploration of the Earth’s Polar Regions in order to better understand our planet.
This includes the advancement in oceanic and polar research, the promotion and advocacy of informed action on climate change, modern research of animal migration and notably, the advancement in mammoth and permafrost research to further our knowledge of these extinct mammals.
Through its Polar adventures, the Mamont Foundation wishes to share discoveries of these fascinating regions and their importance to our planet.
To achieve its aims, the Foundation has initiated several high-profile projects and wishes to share the discoveries made in these fascinating regions and their importance to our planet’s climate system.
The Foundation Mamont stands for:
- Fascinating discoveries of the Earth’s Polar Regions in support of the planet;
- Advancement in oceanic and polar research;
- Promotion of informed action on climate change;
- Advancement in mammoth and permafrost research: these extinct mammals provide a variety of material for modern research of DNA animal migration;
- The development of a sustainable society.